Vivi

"Success Is Not Just Getting What You Want BUT Doing The Right Things With It"

Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Emotional Detachment

Emotional Detachment. First read of this phrase from Maine's blog. "Maybe it's best to enjoy everything and be attached to nothing...so i have to learn the fine art of being detached, which will eventually probably lead to becoming less of an emotional & sentimental cat." (Taken fr Maine's blog http://iwannabeahousecat.blogspot.com/)

I have always been a less emotional person (less emotional = rational?). The last time when i felt very emotional was 14 years ago when i have to leave my JC mates and move on to the poly route. That was when i really understand the chinese phrase 天下无不散之宴席. Since then, i still enjoy myself in friends' company, but do not feel that emotional when it comes to an end. Juz like how we always describe our life as a bus journey. Along the way, people board and alight. Only a few will stay with you till the end of the journey.

The reason why i felt for this phrase Emotional Detachment now is becos of my little boy. I see him everyday since the day he was born. However, i be leaving for my holiday in States (Vegas & San Francisco) soon and will not be seeing him for around 2 weeks. I was abit hesitant about this trip initially cos i know i will miss him badly. However i decided to make the trip ultimately. I have always been a passionate lover of life. I always feel there are so many things i wanna do and life can never be a boring game. I love my work (I love selling real estate!!!), i love my friends, i love my family. I would love to do humanitarian work again & would love to travel to more places. There are so many things which will need so much of my time. The only way to do more things in such a short time is to be focused and to leverage (Oh gosh, see the rational and practical side of me?). I try to be focused and efficient in my work so i can spend more time with my boy. I leverage on my parents and in-laws to take care of my boy so i can spend time on my work and catchup with friends. I try to be emotionally detached from my boy temporary so i can focus on doing other stuff. FOCUS. This is really the magic word that makes the difference to doing a lot of things and doing a lot of things well.

Happy Deepavali!

2 Comments:

Blogger housecat said...

Hi love, the word is FOCUS, you are so right :) when there were so many upheavals in my workplace and people are leaving, i was so bothered and affected. Then i told myself to stay focus and continue to do my best and it really works. I became engrossed with work and less emotional.

10:25 PM  
Blogger myfanwy said...

wa... i'm IMPRESSED! never knew u write so well leh... now i feel so inferior...

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home